Welcome to our latest Corporate Law Report. You know what to do:
Watch the video overview above and, for any topics that interest you, go deeper with the legal analysis and commentary below>>
1. Need-to-know – in the workplace:
- Employers Should Use Revised FCRA Disclosure for Employees and Job Applicants – Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Sixth Circuit Rules Employers Can Avoid Fiascos Like Romney’s “47%” Recording by Banning Secret Recordings in the Workplace – Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- The Second Obama Term: NLRB Outlook – Morgan Lewis
- Reminder: Information Statements Due by January 31, 2013, for 2012 Incentive Stock Options and Employee Stock Purchase Plan Transactions; IRS Filings Also Required – Morrison & Foerster LLP
- EEOC’s New Strategic Enforcement Plan Highlights Emphasis on Systemic Discrimination Cases – Foley Hoag LLP
- 3 Take-Aways from the EEOC’s Strategic Enforcement Plan – Chai Feldblum
2. Roth conversions after the “Fiscal Cliff” bill:
- Fiscal Cliff Legislation – Employee Benefits and Compensation Provisions of Interest – Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
3. “First-to-File” patent system takes effect March 16, 2013:
- Consider Filing U.S. Patent Applications Before March 16 – Saul Ewing LLP
4. Skadden Insights 2013:
- Insights 2013 [In Full] – sections: Global Litigation, Capital Markets, Governance, Global M&A, Financial Regulation, Corporate Restructuring, Regulatory
5. Culture or qualifications?
- Many Companies Placing Emphasis On Cultural Fit Over Qualifications When Hiring New Employees – McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC
As always, we’d love to get your feedback or thoughts on this week’s episode. We might quote you on it!
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 6 – U.S. Manufacturing, Social Media, Online Endorsements, Hart Scott Rodino
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 5 – Economic Espionage Act, Trademark Audits, Need to Know Employment News
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 4 – Cybersecurity, Social Media, New Employment Laws, and Healthcare Reform
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 3 – Mobile App Privacy, First Sale Doctrine, and FCPA Compliance
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 2 – Holiday Parties, Human Trafficking, and Employment Law Savviness
- Corporate Law Report Ep. 1 – Wellness Programs, Obamacare Requirements, and Employee Misclassification